Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Public user
    Thanks
    ROFL I'm so confused by you guys.

From what I gather on this thread and you say "Hey I like PvP." Then you go and remove a major piece of the Balota PvP. Balota was fine the way it was. If you wanted major PvP you went to Balota, there was always action. But as someone who spends a lot of time there, it's incorrect to say that everyone is there and there's no PvP anywhere else. When I would leave Balota I would easily find action in Elektro or NW or Berezino, there was action other places. This changes feels more like people are just butthurt that they aren't surviving the action at Balota and want it changed somehow so they can get a better advantage.

Balota was fine before the 4 barracks at the end of the runway was added. If anything, that base to the south allowed access to barracks that weren't camped by sniper hill or ATC. Now you're forcing people into the open to get to the 4 barracks on the runway in direct sight of sniper hill and ATC. The south side just spread out the fighting and didn't make everything so centralized. By removing it, the encounter area has now been decreased, so I'm not sure what you were trying to accomplish by removing that base.

Good Apollo said "so that we dont send the message of "Hey welcome to MIG's Overwatch were we foster only people who like to hangout in Balota and kill you as soon as you spawn"." I find that kind of funny considering you can choose where to spawn and don't have to spawn at Balota if you don't want to (however some of us like to and like the challenge at Balota). But more so the problem isn't with Balota, it's with other locations around the map.

You want to spread people out? Fix the other locations. NEAF is a craphole not worth visiting, as is Green Mountain. Starry and Navy has some helicopter spawns but not enough military loot to make it worth traveling. Put the south base back at Balota but bring that from 3 barracks down to 2, make the 4 barracks on the runway down to 2, and put one over near the two warehouses across from it. That will spread things out and not funnel people to the same places.

Public user
    Thanks
    Also make the spawn locations random again and make more inland so the coast doesn't get all the initial traffic. So many things you can do to spread them out instead. I am just getting the vibe that people couldn't cut it at Balota so they complained and wanted to changed. Too bad really.

LimpDisc
    All really good points, Chris. I pretty much always choose Balota because of the PvP action. Giving players 2 different places to loot barracks is a great idea.

Maybe 2 at the camp and 2 at the end of the runway. That does the same thing without completely removing the camp that players are used to using.

Public user
    Thanks
    Believe me Limp I agree with the comments about the NUMBER of barracks that exist, but I must say that I believe the issue exists with the number of them in two, large clusters. Cutting down how many there is still leaving a few, but makes them cleaned out quickly and potentially force people to fight over the loot (the PvP everyone wants) or move inland to find other barracks (spreading out the player base).

Also, I would suggest maybe removing the two Little Bird spawns in the base and turn it down to only 1.

Thanks for listening to my suggestions btw, much appreciated.

Thanks
    I only spawn at balota because I like pvp, hate running, and want to shoot people and zombies. I do agree with the points being made as I'm one of those players that would never leave balota.

Public user
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LimpDisc View Post
    I am open to any change to make the server better.

Confused about the Klen base suggestion. There is a base at Klen right now.

I removed the Balota base on the south side of the road.

Also added in Halo spawn for new spawns. People seem to like the idea of spawning in that way.

Thanks man

Public user
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    ROFL I'm so confused by you guys.

From what I gather on this thread and you say "Hey I like PvP." Then you go and remove a major piece of the Balota PvP. Balota was fine the way it was. If you wanted major PvP you went to Balota, there was always action. But as someone who spends a lot of time there, it's incorrect to say that everyone is there and there's no PvP anywhere else. When I would leave Balota I would easily find action in Elektro or NW or Berezino, there was action other places. This changes feels more like people are just butthurt that they aren't surviving the action at Balota and want it changed somehow so they can get a better advantage.

Balota was fine before the 4 barracks at the end of the runway was added. If anything, that base to the south allowed access to barracks that weren't camped by sniper hill or ATC. Now you're forcing people into the open to get to the 4 barracks on the runway in direct sight of sniper hill and ATC. The south side just spread out the fighting and didn't make everything so centralized. By removing it, the encounter area has now been decreased, so I'm not sure what you were trying to accomplish by removing that base.

Good Apollo said "so that we dont send the message of "Hey welcome to MIG's Overwatch were we foster only people who like to hangout in Balota and kill you as soon as you spawn"." I find that kind of funny considering you can choose where to spawn and don't have to spawn at Balota if you don't want to (however some of us like to and like the challenge at Balota). But more so the problem isn't with Balota, it's with other locations around the map.

You want to spread people out? Fix the other locations. NEAF is a craphole not worth visiting, as is Green Mountain. Starry and Navy has some helicopter spawns but not enough military loot to make it worth traveling. Put the south base back at Balota but bring that from 3 barracks down to 2, make the 4 barracks on the runway down to 2, and put one over near the two warehouses across from it. That will spread things out and not funnel people to the same places.
    Lol Chris.

LimpDisc
    They were good suggestions, Apollo. Some that have played on the server a while probably like the base at Balota. The suggestion he made actually takes the best of both ideas. Keep the base in place and reduce the barracks. That means 2 at the base and 2 at the end of the runway. So now instead of 7 we have only 4.

[MIG] Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Also make the spawn locations random again and make more inland so the coast doesn't get all the initial traffic. So many things you can do to spread them out instead. I am just getting the vibe that people couldn't cut it at Balota so they complained and wanted to changed. Too bad really.
    naw its not that . balota is not my main option of going to . rog is cause no one camps there .

Public user
    Thanks
    Reducing the barracks helps or even using the small green tents that used to be at Stary would work also. Removing the LB spawns is good because I doubt people will ever fix those up. Kinda like NWAF if a vehicle is disabled it will most likely stay that way. Maybe adding a deer stand to the famous sniper hill at Balota would add more zombies into the mixture so its not as easy to just sit there.

Adding the public bases back to Mogilevka and that valley near Gorka gas station is another option. Something could be added between Stary and Novy to make it one big city since Novy really doesn't have much to offer. Also removing that big building in Stary since the Huey/Venom that does spawn there is too close to the building. Adding something to Green Mountain like 1 barracks. Zelengorsk used to have a Hospital and a School house near that super market those could be added back in. NEAF could have some more buildings with maybe a deer stand up on sniper hill there or some other things on the strip. 1 Firestation could be placed in Three Valleys as that does add some spawned in pvp also.

Just some ideas.